Notice of date appointed for the exercise of electors’ rights under the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004
Trelech a’r Betws Community Council
Financial year ended 31 March 2020
- Date of announcement 11/7/2020
- Each year the annual accounts are audited by the Auditor General for Wales. Prior to this date, any interested person has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them for 20 working days on reasonable notice. For the year ended 31 March 2020, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Liza Jones, Treto Isaf, Trelech, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire, SA33 6SH. 01239698601
between the hours of 9am and 6pm on Monday to Friday
commencing on 1st September 2020
and ending on 28th September 2020
- From 29th September 2020 until the audit has been completed, Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the right to question the Auditor General about the accounts. The Auditor General can be contacted via Grant Thornton; and
- the right to attend before the Auditor General and make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the Auditor General via Grant Thornton. A copy of the written notice must also be given to the council.
- [Grant Thornton can be contacted at: Grant Thornton, 3 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, CF10 5BT]
- The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004, the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 and the Auditor General for Wales’ Code of Audit Practice.